Content Marketing and Social Media Marketing are most effective when they work together. In order to have an effective social media strategy, you must start by creating valuable content that your target audience will want to consume. By sharing high quality content on your social channels, your customers will be more invested in your brand. This improved engagement will ultimately drive traffic and improve your company’s sales.
Content marketing is about publishing and delivering information on an ongoing basis that makes your customers more informed. The principle belief is that if consumers come to you on a regular basis for information, they will see you as an expert, become more invested in your brand, and will reward you with their business and loyalty. Content types include:
- Case Studies
- Guest Posts
- Landing Pages
- Press Releases
USI Insulation Interactive Example
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Social media is used to create awareness, to drive traffic to your website, and to build a better relationship with your customers. To be effective, you need to share valuable content, and respond to your followers on a consistent basis. Here is an outline of the steps necessary in order to build a successful social strategy.
- STEP 1: AUDIT – Assess the company’s current social media efforts so you know where to build from.
- STEP 2: SET GOALS – Set specific objectives on how to achieve gaining more leads and sales.
- STEP 3: CREATE STRATEGY – Build a plan with specifics (platforms, content, frequency of posts, etc.).
- STEP 4: SHARE CONTENT – Post content regularly that inspires, engages, teaches, & promotes.
- STEP 5: ENGAGE USERS – Build a relationship with your customers by responding to all feedback.
- STEP 6: ANALYZE RESULTS – Review analytics regularly & optimize plan to gain the best results.